Monday, August 25, 2008

Baby Girl, Growing Up






Well, it is official. Rylynn is growing up and passing milestones like they're nothing. She started kindergarten last week and is already WAY ahead, so we ended up doing two weeks of work in one week. We'll probably end up doing that again for the next couple of weeks to get her to a place where she is actually having to learn everything that we're doing. She's SO smart! And then, last night she lost her first tooth! She has had two loose teeth for about a month and yesterday she was determined that it was going to be the day to lose a tooth. She worked on it all afternoon using celery to wiggle it real good. And finally she convinced Jesse that it was time and we got the dental floss. Jesse was extremely apprehensive about pulling the tooth because of past memories of his childhood. But Rylynn was ready and there was no stopping her! We tied he dental floss on to the front door and then to her tooth. Jesse ended up not feeling up to doing the slamming, so he made me do it. I wasn't afraid because I knew it was ready and she was so ready that I knew it would be okay. I slammed the door really hard and actually got hit with her tooth! She screamed in excitement, gave a big bloody smile and just started yelling, "I can't believe it, I can't believe it! I just lost my first tooth!" She is going to do very well in drama...She was visited by the tooth fairy last night and woke me up very early to tell me all about it! And now she has informed me that tonight we are going to pull the other tooth out...so we may have more pictures to put up after tonight. We shall see!

No comments: